Applying for a Concert
- All doctoral concerts held under the Arts and the Applied Study Programmes are applied for in connection with the general Sibelius Academy concert application period 6 months ( + possible summer break 2 months) before the intended time. More information and the application form are available at Taito channel (link on right). Applications are processed and considered at the DocMus Doctoral School.
- When setting the date of the concert, the student must confirm that the date suits the schedules of the members of the artistic committee. The concert hall may be reserved as soon as the attendance of the majority of them has been assured. However, the first doctoral concert date is usually determined without agreement with the artistic committee members because the committee is typically not appointed at this moment.
- Before submitting the application, the student must agree upon and reserve a date and place for the concert (stated on the application) with the Producer of the concerts. In addition to programme information, the application must include a brief introduction describing the concert for communication purposes. For practical reasons, it is a good idea to include 2–3 suggestions for concert dates on the Soiva Akatemia application.
- In addition to a concert hall, the student must also reserve a room (a classroom or similar) for the concert assessment meeting for 2 hours after the concert. This is particularly imporant when organizing the concert outside the Academy building.
- A cost estimate must be included in the concert application (possible transfers of an instrument, assistant fees, rent of hall outside the SibA etc.).
- Once the concert applications have been processed, the artistic committee members will be notified of the date and place of degree concerts.
Saavutettavuusseloste | Accessibility statement