How can I read the master's theses documentations in the library?
If you have already found that the thesis is not in Helda, please search with the help of the instructions on the right the reference information of theses documentations.
Please read the following instructions before coming to the library to read the theses:
• Bring a separate sheet of paper with a clear handwriting list showing the name of the thesis author and the year when the thesis was finished. All of this information can be found in the reference information for example from Finna.
• Maximum 5 copies for one customer at a time.
• Reserve enough time to read the theses in the library. Arrive at the library no later than half an hour before the closing of the library's service hours.
• The library staff will search the theses for you to read in the library's premises. Master's theses are kept in archive cabinets, from which the library staff retrieves the theses for you.
• The theses are not borrowed and cannot be used during self-service hours.
• Do not eat or drink while viewing the theses. The material must be handled with care, as the theses are archive pieces.
NB! The teachers of the Academy of Fine Arts who needs the theses for teaching, should contact the library staff: email@example.com
Thesis documents accepted by the Academy of Fine Arts academic council (education and research council before 2013) for master-level theses will be stored in the library. The library will also hold a copy of the academy’s fine arts doctoral degree dissertation documents and written parts. The documents are not available for loan but can be requested for viewing in the library.
The reference information for the documentation components of theses by students graduated from the Academy of Fine Arts with a Master's degree starting 2014 are available in Arsca.
Starting autumn 2015 the documentations in full-text (pdf) are also available via University of the Arts Helsinki HELDA repository, if the student has given permission.
The documentations in full-text (pdf) are available via University of the Arts Helsinki HELDA repository
Search example: start the search from the Uniarts Helda search page: word search: surname Collection: current collection
The reference information of the Master's Thesis documentations (starting 2014) are available in Arsca.
Please use Arsca search (top right on this page):